- 1 What drink goes well with Indian food?
- 2 What kind of wine goes with curry?
- 3 What wine goes with tikka masala?
- 4 What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
- 5 What drink is best with curry?
- 6 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 7 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 8 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 9 Does prosecco go with curry?
- 10 What Indian food goes with red wine?
- 11 What is GSM blend?
- 12 What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
- 13 Does wine go with butter chicken?
- 14 What is the best Riesling wine?
- 15 What wine goes with coconut curry?
What drink goes well with Indian food?
Six drinks you might not have thought of pairing with Indian food
- Beers that that are not lager.
- Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- Red wine.
What kind of wine goes with curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What wine goes with tikka masala?
Chicken tikka masala Some of the wines that match well with tikka dishes are Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, sweet Riesling, Syrah, Beaujolais, red and white Cotes du Rhone or Rhone-style wines.
What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
If the dish is very creamy, go for a creamy (malolactic) Chardonnay. If the dish is spicy, go for something off-dry: Riesling Spätlese, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer. If you go for red, go for something fruity: Pinot Noir, Gamay, Garnacha, GSM blends, Valpolicella.
What drink is best with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
Does prosecco go with curry?
Semi-sparkling wines go especially well with curry as the fine and delicate bubbles refresh the palate and provide a balanced acidity. A light bubbly, such as a Cava, Asti, Spumante or Prosecco would go well with the sweet and savoury in these dishes.
What Indian food goes with red wine?
We have for you an exquisite list to pair your Indian food dishes with some delicious wine!
- Papdi Chaat with a Sparkling Wine.
- Aloo Poori with Sula Chardonnay.
- Paneer Tikka with Sauvignon Blanc.
- Galouti Kebab with Pinot Noir.
- Biryani with a Sangiovese.
- Gulab Jamun with Port Wine.
- Kheer with an Indian Chenin Blanc.
What is GSM blend?
GSM are the initials for a type of wine blend. The acronym “GSM” is a short-hand reference for a red wine blended from Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre. More syrah, and you will get a bolder wine. While grenache is the predominant grape in most GSM blends, some winemakers will use more syrah than grenache.
What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
Certainly with chicken, fish and vegetable curries, if not with very meaty ones or ones with a powerful tomato sauce. German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard.
Does wine go with butter chicken?
Butter chicken is a mild, but complex dish, packed with different flavours and rich cream. As such, an acidic but rich white wine can match it perfectly, as the acidity cuts through the buttery, creamy sauce and cleanses the palate without drowning out the taste of the curry.
What is the best Riesling wine?
Read on for all of our picks of the best Riesling under $20!
- Ravines Dry Riesling and White Springs Vineyard Dry Riesling Reviews.
- Schneider Riesling – Truly Tasty.
- Emma Reichart Dry Riesling – Quite Tasty.
- Loosen Dr.
- Blue Fish Original Riesling – A Good Catch.
- Crestwood Barrel Riesling – Sweet and Simple.
What wine goes with coconut curry?
“With spicy coconut curries, I like to pair a lightly sweet Riesling,” says Jon Cross, sommelier/wine director at Hinoki & the Bird in Los Angeles. “The sweetness cuts through the spiciness of the dish, but it also has good acidity.”