- 1 What type of wine goes well with Indian food?
- 2 What red wine goes with Indian food?
- 3 Is red or white wine better with Indian food?
- 4 What wine goes best with Indian curry?
- 5 What drink goes well with Indian food?
- 6 What red wine goes with spicy food?
- 7 What red wine goes with curry?
- 8 What do you drink with Indian curry?
- 9 What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
- 10 What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
- 11 What wines go with Italian food?
- 12 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 13 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 14 What beer goes with chicken tikka masala?
What type of wine goes well with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What red wine goes with Indian food?
Tandoori Chicken and Pinot Noir When it comes to most food and wine pairings, the general recommendation is that the color of your wine should match the color of the meat. Tandoori chicken goes against this recommendation, pairing perfectly with Pinot Noir. You can also choose a Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel.
Is red or white wine better with Indian food?
In fact, with almost any lamb curry, white wine is the much better choice, such as a dry Riesling and Grüner Veltliner. But even moderately sweet wines with only a hint of residual sugar are not off the table. A lamb kebab, cooked in the tandoor and served with a spicy sauce, would actually benefit from such a wine.
What wine goes best with Indian curry?
Fruity, low-tannin reds with mild tomato-based curries: The juiciness and lightly spicy flavors in Grenache from France or Spain are great with the fragrant spices in curry and have enough acidity to mesh with the tomatoes. Inexpensive New World Pinot Noir can also work well.
What drink goes well with Indian food?
Six drinks you might not have thought of pairing with Indian food
- Beers that that are not lager.
- Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- Red wine.
What red wine goes with spicy food?
The full-bodied types of wines that go well with spicy food can range from range from Syrah/Shiraz, Douro Reds, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some Zinfandels (typically a medium-bodied wine, but can be full depending on the particular brand) can also pair well.
What red wine goes with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What do you drink with Indian curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
From Thekera Tenga Sorbot to Sol Kadhi, Lassi to the traditional Panakam try these 20 Traditional Non-alcoholic Indian Summer Coolers during the summer days.
- Aam Panna. Summer and mangoes are synonymous.
- Bela Panaa or Bael Panna.
- Coconut Juice.
- Ela Neer Payasam.
- Jal Jeera.
- Jamun Panna.
- Kokum Sherbet.
What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
If the dish is very creamy, go for a creamy (malolactic) Chardonnay. If the dish is spicy, go for something off-dry: Riesling Spätlese, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer. If you go for red, go for something fruity: Pinot Noir, Gamay, Garnacha, GSM blends, Valpolicella.
What wines go with Italian food?
Best Red Wine With Italian Food
- Barolo. Barolo is a heavy red wine produced in the Piedmont region of northern Italy – with origins that date back over 2,500 years.
- Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Sauvignon will pop up in the minds of many people when asked to think of a bold red wine.
- Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
What beer goes with chicken tikka masala?
Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales Fried foods and hoppy beers were practically made for each other. The oilier, the better! Chicken tikka masala and biryani go well with a good IPA, too, but be careful with spice – hops have a sharp, bitter taste, which will only amplify the heat of your dish!