- 1 What kind of wine goes well with Indian food?
- 2 What drink goes well with Indian food?
- 3 What wine goes with curry?
- 4 What red wine goes with curry?
- 5 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 6 What should I eat with wine?
- 7 What drink is best with curry?
- 8 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 9 What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
- 10 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 11 What do you serve with curry?
- 12 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 13 What red wine goes with spicy food?
- 14 What red wine goes with beef curry?
- 15 Does red wine go with Thai food?
What kind of wine goes well with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What drink goes well with Indian food?
Six drinks you might not have thought of pairing with Indian food
- Beers that that are not lager.
- Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- Red wine.
What wine goes with curry?
The top 10 wines to drink with a curry
- So why choose wine with a curry?
- These wines will all take your curry dinner to a different, enhanced level.
- Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc.
- Alsace Pinot Gris.
- Sauvignon Blanc (Chile or New Zealand)
- Côtes de Gascogne whites.
- Rhône white wine blends.
What red wine goes with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What should I eat with wine?
What to Eat With Wine: 11 Fantastic Options
- Sangiovese Pairs with Pizza and Other Tomato-Based Dishes.
- Pinot Grigio Pairs with Seafood Dishes.
- Rosé Pairs with Cheesy Dishes.
- Prosecco Pairs with Prosciutto and Melon.
- Malbec Pairs with Barbecue Dishes.
- Cabernet Sauvignon Pairs with Steak and Other Red Meats.
What drink is best with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
From Thekera Tenga Sorbot to Sol Kadhi, Lassi to the traditional Panakam try these 20 Traditional Non-alcoholic Indian Summer Coolers during the summer days.
- Aam Panna. Summer and mangoes are synonymous.
- Bela Panaa or Bael Panna.
- Coconut Juice.
- Ela Neer Payasam.
- Jal Jeera.
- Jamun Panna.
- Kokum Sherbet.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What do you serve with curry?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
What red wine goes with spicy food?
The full-bodied types of wines that go well with spicy food can range from range from Syrah/Shiraz, Douro Reds, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some Zinfandels (typically a medium-bodied wine, but can be full depending on the particular brand) can also pair well.
What red wine goes with beef curry?
“The rich, full-bodied flavours of curries like massaman beef cheek curry with pearl cous cous need a wine that can match its generosity.” Classic red choices include Shiraz blends and Cabernet blends, or go for a Tempranillo or Sangiovese.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.