- 1 What Indian food should diabetics eat?
- 2 What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
- 3 Can diabetics eat curries?
- 4 Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
- 5 Is chapati good for diabetic?
- 6 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 7 Which Dal is good for diabetes?
- 8 Is idli bad for diabetics?
- 9 Which Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
- 10 Is Pizza OK for a diabetic?
- 11 What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
- 12 Does curry raise blood sugar?
- 13 Is Egg good for diabetes?
- 14 Which Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
- 15 Is Dalia good for diabetes?
What Indian food should diabetics eat?
Best Foods for Elderly Diabetes Patients in India
- Brown Rice. If you really love rice, try having brown rice instead of white and reap its many health benefits.
- Whole Grains.
- High Fibre Vegetables.
- Pulses and Legumes.
- Lean Meat.
- Fresh Fruits.
What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
Foods which are red flags and should be avoided by diabetic patients:
- Sugar or sugar-mixed variants: Refined sugar. Aerated, carbonated drinks loaded with sugar. Sweetened high-fat yoghurt.
- High calorific content: Deeply fried foods. White bread and White rice. Refined flour (Maida)
- Contains excessive preservatives:
Can diabetics eat curries?
Now, a small study conducted in Thailand suggests that an ingredient found in curry dishes may reduce the risk of developing the chronic disease. A new study suggests curcumin may lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes in people who are pre-diabetic, a condition that precedes full-blown diabetes.
Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
Diabetes friendly lunch options
- Brown rice, diabetes rice, quinoa, broken millets.
- Kootu with water based vegetables.
- Porials with vegetables like carrot, beans, cabbage etc.
- Greens blended with dhal or plain.
- Sambhar with non tuber vegetables.
Is chapati good for diabetic?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Which Dal is good for diabetes?
Bengal gram (Chana dal): With a glycaemic index as low as 8, the diabetic patients can go easy with Chana Dal as it contains a high amount of proteins along with folic acid which helps in the formation of new cells, especially red blood cells.
Is idli bad for diabetics?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
Which Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
A type of fibre called soluble fibre may help control blood sugar levels. Try these high-fibre foods: Vegetables: snake gourd, plantain, cauliflower, spinach, corn, sweet potato, green beans, broccoli, mustard greens, carrots. Fruits: plantain, apple, banana, berries, mango, papaya, pineapple, guava, melon, pomegranate.
Is Pizza OK for a diabetic?
Pizza may actually be a good choice for people with type 2 diabetes; just be sure to order the thin-crust type and top it with vegetables rather than high-fat meats and extra cheese. It’s also a good idea to watch portion sizes.
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
Dinner: 1-2 chapatis (50% jowar) with vegetable and salad along with 1 bowl of fish or dal. Breakfast: Idli, poha or upma with vegetables along with a cup of tea or coffee or low-fat milk. Mid-morning snack: Fruits (low-glycemic fruits). Lunch: 1-2 chapatis (50% ragi) with vegetable salad and low-fat paneer/curd.
Does curry raise blood sugar?
Curry leaf is said to be rich in fibre content. Fibre is responsible for slowing down digestion and does not metabolise quickly, which keeps your blood sugars in check. Curry leaf tends to boost your insulin activity and when the body is enabled to use insulin properly, blood sugar levels get stabilised.
Is Egg good for diabetes?
Eggs are a versatile food and a great source of protein. The American Diabetes Association considers eggs an excellent choice for people with diabetes. That’s primarily because one large egg contains about half a gram of carbohydrates, so it’s thought that they aren’t going to raise your blood sugar.
Which Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
Here are 5 Low Sugar And Low GI Fruits That You Can Include In Your Diabetes Diet
- Guava. Guava is very rich in dietary fibre that helps ease constipation (a common diabetic complaint) and can lower the chance of blood sugar spike.
- Peaches. A 100-gram serving of peaches contains 1.6 grams of fibre.
Is Dalia good for diabetes?
For diabetic patients: For diabetics, dalia acts as a great healer. It contains low glycemic index and complex carbohydrates. This ensures a slow and steady release of glucose into blood. Dalia keeps your blood sugar levels under control – you consume less calories and manage your blood sugar levels.