- 1 What food items are typically served in the Indian wedding?
- 2 What food is normally served at a wedding?
- 3 What is traditional Trinidad food?
- 4 Why does Trinidad have Indian food?
- 5 What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
- 6 What should you not wear to an Indian wedding?
- 7 Is a buffet wedding tacky?
- 8 How many items should be on a wedding buffet?
- 9 What should you not serve at a wedding?
- 10 What language do they speak in Trinidad?
- 11 What do Trinidadians eat for dinner?
- 12 Is Trini food spicy?
- 13 Is Caribbean food like Indian food?
- 14 What clothing did the Indians bring to Trinidad?
- 15 Do Trinidadians eat monkeys?
What food items are typically served in the Indian wedding?
Top 21 Food & Cuisines For Indian Wedding
- Paneer Pasanda with Corn Pasanda.
- Zafrani Pulao.
- Dal Bukhara.
- Dahi Bhalle.
- Dilli ki Chaat.
- Aloo ki tikki.
- Litti Chokha.
What food is normally served at a wedding?
Wedding Finger Food Ideas
- Caprese Cups. If you and your partner plan to feed your guests Italian cuisine, then these Caprese cups are the perfect savory appetizer for cocktail hour.
- Mini Tacos.
- Veggie Roll-ups.
- French Fries.
- Spring Rolls.
What is traditional Trinidad food?
Main dishes include roti ( most commonly dalpuri and paratha, but also puri, sada roti, dosti roti, or aloo puri), and dal bhat or kharhi and rice served with condiments such as achar, kuchela, mother-in-law (pickled vegetables), pepper sauce, and dishes such as amchar (curried mango), bhaji (dasheen bush or any spinach
Why does Trinidad have Indian food?
Indo-Trinidadians celebrate many eastern Indian religious festivals. “During Divali (the Hindu New Year) celebrations, I prepare very elaborate dishes that are strictly vegetarian,” says Savitri Mohammed, whose Hindu grandparents were among the first Indians to arrive in Trinidad.
What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
Check out these Inexpensive Wedding Foods that you can serve as a plated meal at your wedding reception.
- Oatmeal: Wild Mushroom & Asparagus, Oatmeal, Oatmeal Crusted Chicken or Fish.
- Potatoes: Baked Potatoes, Potato Soup, Duchess Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes.
- Canned Tuna: Salad Nicoise.
- Bread: Rolls, Breadsticks.
What should you not wear to an Indian wedding?
“Guests should try to avoid wearing red, since the bride typically wears red,” explains Nilima Patel, owner of Crimson Bleu Events. “Guests can wear any other color except for black. It’s definitely not a color you should wear at an Indian wedding.” Men are encouraged to wear a sherwani, which is a long coat-like top.
Is a buffet wedding tacky?
People sometimes ask if a buffet dinner is tacky for a wedding reception. It’s not a question of tacky or not. It all depends on overall style and theme of your event. On the other hand, if you’re having an informal fun party at a nightclub, a cocktail reception might be your best option.
How many items should be on a wedding buffet?
Choose six to eight items. Six to eight items is a good amount to give everyone enough choices. The serving size depends on the amount of people you are expecting. You can send out a list of ideas for dishes and ask for feedback a week or two before the buffet.
What should you not serve at a wedding?
8 Foods NOT to Serve at Your Wedding
- All meat, all the time. If you’re a meat lover, it might be tempting to serve nothing but meat at your reception.
- Food that requires a big to-do.
- Raw food.
- Mini versions of everything.
- An eight-course meal.
- Overly complex dishes.
- Only exotic eats.
- Typical wedding foods.
What language do they speak in Trinidad?
The official language of Trinidad and Tobago is English, although we do have segments of the population that speak other languages, including “patois”, a slang version of French that was brought to the islands by French settlers in the colonial period.
What do Trinidadians eat for dinner?
Below, you’ll find five Trinidadian dinners Ganeshram would happily eat on any given Wednesday—or for that matter, any night of the week.
- Pelau With Chicken and Pigeon Peas. Photo by Joseph De Leo, Food Styling by Erika Joyce.
- Spicy Coconut Pumpkin Soup.
- Shrimp Creole.
- Baigan Chokha.
- Curried Chicken.
Is Trini food spicy?
Saltfish buljol is a spicy Trini dish made by soaking and boiling pieces of salted fish, then blending them with tomatoes, hot peppers, sweet peppers, onions, and oil. The dish is most commonly enjoyed as a hearty breakfast, when it is placed into a type of bread called bake, creating a sandwich in the process.
Is Caribbean food like Indian food?
The well known Caribbean cuisine includes key lime pie, barbecued ribs served with guava sauce, chicken kabobs, jerk chicken, and coconut shrimp. Now these ingredients and cooking methods are same as the Indian foods. So, the taste and the feel of some Caribbean foods are so reminiscent of Indian food.
What clothing did the Indians bring to Trinidad?
The East Indians introduced new fashions and clothing such as the sari, choli, kurtah, orhni, salwar kameez, garara, dupatta, gangri, pagri, and dhoti.
Do Trinidadians eat monkeys?
Minister of Agriculture, Lands and Fisheries, Clarence Rambharat, said investigations are continuing into reports of protected howler and capuchin monkeys being poached and eaten in parts of South Trinidad.