- 1 How many does a full tray serve?
- 2 How much food should I buy for an Indian party?
- 3 How many full trays do you need for 100 people?
- 4 How much pasta fits in a full tray?
- 5 What is a full tray?
- 6 What is the best Indian food for dinner?
- 7 What should I bring to an Indian dinner party?
- 8 What should I serve at an Indian dinner?
- 9 How can I cook for 100 guests?
- 10 How can I cater cheaply?
- 11 How do you calculate food per person?
How many does a full tray serve?
Catering Trays Most full trays serve approximately 15-20 people.
How much food should I buy for an Indian party?
If you’re going all out and serving a main meal, then plan 6 ounces of fish, meat or poultry for one main dish and 8 ounces if you want to offer two or more. You’ll need 1.5 ounces of rice or grains per person when these food items are a side dish and 4 ounces of vegetables.
How many full trays do you need for 100 people?
How many full trays of food do you need for 100 people? So, for an event of 100 guests, you’ll need 80 platters to feed the guests at “full meal” capacity.
How much pasta fits in a full tray?
Re: How much pasta fills a full tray? If you are talking a full steamer tray like you get when catering, you need 3-4 pounds.
What is a full tray?
Full size food pans are the standard in the foodservice industry, measuring approximately 20 3/4″ x 12 3/4″. For example, a 1/2 size pan measures 12 3/4″ x 10 3/8″ and a 2/3 size pan measures 13 3/4″ x 12 3/4″. Standard Food Pan Sizes A full pan measures roughly 12 inches x 20 inches.
What is the best Indian food for dinner?
Now, it’s time to cook some really good food. Here’s a roundup of 13 jaw-dropping Indian recipes that you can cook for your family:
- Dum Paneer Kali Mirch.
- Shahi Egg Curry.
- Malabari Prawn Curry.
- Makhmali Kofte.
- Dal Makhani.
- Mutton Do Pyaaza.
- Ajwaini Paneer Kofta Curry.
- Butter Chicken.
What should I bring to an Indian dinner party?
Something from your home country, a souvenir or maybe some sweets, is the most appropriate gift if you do not know the family or what they might need. Ice cream or some chocolates for the children of the house is something you can’t go wrong with.
What should I serve at an Indian dinner?
- Dal Makhani.
- Chicken Tikka Masala, or Butter Chicken.
- Palak Paneer / Saag Paneer.
- Cumin Rice.
- Lamb Dum Biryani.
- Cucumber Raita and store-bought Mango Pickle.
- Homemade Garlic Naan.
How can I cook for 100 guests?
How to cook for 100 people – Erika’s tips
- If you’re making something new, test the recipe ahead of time.
- Keep the decorations simple.
- Pad the menu with a few easy dishes.
- Use all your appliances.
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead, in full or in part.
- The buffet is your friend.
- Make a prep schedule.
How can I cater cheaply?
Here are eight cheap corporate catering ideas that won’t compromise on taste—or your budget.
- Serve breakfast, any time.
- Arrange buffets over boxed lunches.
- Opt for less expensive cuts of meat.
- Choose cost-efficient cuisines.
- Remember, time is money.
- Behave at the bar.
- Go casual and forgo staff.
- Understand proper portions.
How do you calculate food per person?
The easiest rule is the “ One Pound Rule.” Provide one pound of food for each adult guest (not including drinks or dessert). NON-BOOZY DRINKS: Calculate two drinks the first hour and then an additional drink for every hour after that.