- 1 What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
- 2 What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
- 3 What food is served at an Indian wedding?
- 4 How do you eat healthy at an Indian wedding?
- 5 How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
- 6 Is there alcohol at Indian weddings?
- 7 What is the best food to have at a wedding?
- 8 What food should be served at a wedding?
- 9 What should not be at a wedding?
- 10 What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
- 11 Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
- 12 How many days does an Indian wedding last?
- 13 How do you eat at a wedding?
What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
To make things simple, here are a few do’s and don’ts for Indian wedding celebrations:
- Don’t bring boxed gifts.
- Do look the part.
- Don’t wear the same outfit to events.
- Do drink responsibly.
- Don’t dance inappropriately.
What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
8 Foods NOT to Serve at Your Wedding
- All meat, all the time. If you’re a meat lover, it might be tempting to serve nothing but meat at your reception.
- Food that requires a big to-do.
- Raw food.
- Mini versions of everything.
- An eight-course meal.
- Overly complex dishes.
- Only exotic eats.
- Typical wedding foods.
What food is served at an Indian wedding?
The general rule of planning the catering for any Hindu wedding is sumptuous dishes. If you eat meat, definitely include chicken dishes like butter chicken. Paneer dishes like saag paneer and muttar paneer, along with kofta curries like aloo kofta, will make the rest of your North Indian spread extra decadent.
How do you eat healthy at an Indian wedding?
Go for dishes that are either baked or grilled like steamed, grilled and sautéed meat and fish. You could also go for salads, but try avoiding fried finger snacks and heavy dips, which are loaded with calories. The best part about weddings are the people and buzzing dance floors after a sumptuous treat.
How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
The amount of the cash gift varies and is personal to each guest. Whereas you might think of nice round numbers like $50, $70, or $100, in Indian culture we never give a gift ending in 0. The amounts usually end with a “1” such as $51 or $101.
Is there alcohol at Indian weddings?
Hindu weddings do not have alcohol during the ceremony. There may be alcohol present during the pre or post-ceremony parties. Alcohol is especially avoided when a wedding is held inside of a temple. History shows that most Hindu weddings avoided alcohol due to religion.
What is the best food to have at a wedding?
Whether you want to include classics like chicken or beef, or serve up something unique like vegan burgers, these wedding food ideas are sure to inspire. Wedding Finger Food Ideas
- Caprese Cups.
- Mini Tacos.
- Veggie Roll-ups.
- French Fries.
- Spring Rolls.
What food should be served at a wedding?
- Pulled pork sandwiches.
- Grilled chicken with sweet summer vegetables.
- Brisket with mashed potatoes.
- Lobster mac and cheese.
- Shrimp and grits.
What should not be at a wedding?
20 Things You Should Never Do at Weddings
- Get Engaged.
- Give a Drunk Speech.
- Wear a White Dress.
- Show Up Late.
- Strip Tease on the Dance Floor.
- Wing a Wedding Speech.
- Show Up the Bride.
- Bring a Random Gift.
What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
Check out these Inexpensive Wedding Foods that you can serve as a plated meal at your wedding reception.
- Oatmeal: Wild Mushroom & Asparagus, Oatmeal, Oatmeal Crusted Chicken or Fish.
- Potatoes: Baked Potatoes, Potato Soup, Duchess Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes.
- Canned Tuna: Salad Nicoise.
- Bread: Rolls, Breadsticks.
Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
Who pays for an Indian wedding? It’s mostly split between the couple and their parents, 50/50. Sometimes however, if one side is insisting on more guests or extra fanfare, then those costs are adjusted.
How many days does an Indian wedding last?
How long is an Indian wedding? A typical Indian wedding timeline stretches about three days. The Hindu wedding ceremony, which takes place on the third day, usually lasts between one-and-a-half to two hours and is then followed by the reception. The whole day clocks around 16 hours.
How do you eat at a wedding?
Having some soup or a handful of nuts before heading to a wedding does the trick. Mind the chew More than what you eat, it’s important to focus on how you eat. Making it a point to chew each bite of your food — healthy or unhealthy — makes it easier for you to not only digest it better but also avoid overeating.