- 1 What do you traditionally drink with Indian food?
- 2 What drinks go well with curry?
- 3 What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
- 4 What do you drink with chicken tikka masala?
- 5 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 6 What drink goes well with chicken curry?
- 7 What do you serve with curry?
- 8 What do you drink with coconut curry?
- 9 What wine is good with Indian food?
- 10 What should I drink for dinner?
- 11 What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
- 12 What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
What do you traditionally drink with Indian food?
Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
What drinks go well with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
From Thekera Tenga Sorbot to Sol Kadhi, Lassi to the traditional Panakam try these 20 Traditional Non-alcoholic Indian Summer Coolers during the summer days.
- Aam Panna. Summer and mangoes are synonymous.
- Bela Panaa or Bael Panna.
- Coconut Juice.
- Ela Neer Payasam.
- Jal Jeera.
- Jamun Panna.
- Kokum Sherbet.
What do you drink with chicken tikka masala?
One of the best wines to pair with tikka masala is a hearty Riesling. The fruity notes and bright acidity of the wine help to carry the spices in the dish and balance its richness. Other excellent options include Pinot Grigio and Gewürztraminer.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What drink goes well with chicken curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What do you serve with curry?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan.
What do you drink with coconut curry?
“With spicy coconut curries, I like to pair a lightly sweet Riesling,” says Jon Cross, sommelier/wine director at Hinoki & the Bird in Los Angeles. “The sweetness cuts through the spiciness of the dish, but it also has good acidity.”
What wine is good with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What should I drink for dinner?
But if you’re looking to elevate your meal, consider these cocktails that will pair perfectly with dinner.
- Meyer Lemon Margaritas.
- Vida Verde’s Gimme Mora Cocktail.
- Kombucha Whiskey Ginger Smash.
- Strawberry Daiquiri.
- Diane Crump Blackberry Mint Julep.
- Peach Sangria.
- The Bee’s Knees.
- The Finlandia Oaks Lily.
What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
If the dish is very creamy, go for a creamy (malolactic) Chardonnay. If the dish is spicy, go for something off-dry: Riesling Spätlese, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer. If you go for red, go for something fruity: Pinot Noir, Gamay, Garnacha, GSM blends, Valpolicella.
What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
Certainly with chicken, fish and vegetable curries, if not with very meaty ones or ones with a powerful tomato sauce. German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard.