- 1 What drink goes well with Indian food?
- 2 What beer goes with curry?
- 3 What alcohol goes with curry?
- 4 What beer goes with red curry?
- 5 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 6 What should I eat with beer?
- 7 What do you eat with Corona beer?
- 8 What snacks to have with beer?
- 9 Can you drink red wine with Indian food?
- 10 What kind of wine is good with Indian food?
- 11 What red wine goes with curry?
- 12 How do you pair beer with food?
- 13 What do you drink with chicken curry?
- 14 What alcohol goes with green curry?
What drink goes well with Indian food?
Six drinks you might not have thought of pairing with Indian food
- Beers that that are not lager.
- Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- Red wine.
What beer goes with curry?
Best Beers to Have with a Curry
- Cobra Beer. The beer was founded in 1989 by Lord Karan Bilimoria when he noticed that the local lager was too gassy to enjoy with food.
- Kingfisher. A staple in the British curry house, Kingfisher is India’s most popular beer.
- Jaipur IPA.
- Blue Moon.
- Curious IPA.
- Bangla Beer.
What alcohol goes with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What beer goes with red curry?
Our favourite beers with Thai food include:
- IPA (Indian Pale Ale) IPA’s have a citrusy aroma and pair perfectly with heavier, aromatic dishes.
- Whitbier (bière blanche)
- Off-dry Riesling.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
- Exotic fruit juices.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What should I eat with beer?
How to Pair Beer Based on Style
- Light lagers: Spicy food, burgers, salads.
- Wheat beers: Spicy food and fruity desserts.
- India pale ales (IPAs): Steak, barbecue, and Mexican food.
- Amber ales: Pizza, fried food, smoked pork.
- Dark lagers: Pizza, burgers, hearty stews.
- Brown ales: Sausage, sushi, fish.
What do you eat with Corona beer?
It is best to pair Corona with salsa, hot wings, Thai food and any other spicy ethnic varieties. Try it with any dish where chilies are a main ingredient.
What snacks to have with beer?
Best Snacks With Beer: Top 15 Snacks for the Beer Buddies Bonanza Edition
- Chips and dips.
- French Fries.
- Chicken wings.
- Jalapeno poppers.
- Salted nuts.
Can you drink red wine with Indian food?
“Red wine with red meats, white with fish and vegetables, it just doesn’t work like that.” He says the number of wines that go well with Indian foods is small. Among reds, he looks to earthier, spicier wines, like syrah and cabernet franc, especially those that are not generously fruity or oaky.
What kind of wine is good with Indian food?
One of the best wines to pair with tikka masala is a hearty Riesling. The fruity notes and bright acidity of the wine help to carry the spices in the dish and balance its richness. Other excellent options include Pinot Grigio and Gewürztraminer.
What red wine goes with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
How do you pair beer with food?
Complementary flavors – The easiest way to pair beer and food is to bring together flavors that complement one another. For example, you can pair light beers with food that has light or delicate flavors, such as fish or salad. Alternatively, pair heavy, rich beers like a stout with rich, boldly flavored food.
What do you drink with chicken curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What alcohol goes with green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.