- 1 What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
- 2 Is it OK to not serve food at a wedding?
- 3 What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
- 4 What food is served at an Indian wedding?
- 5 How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
- 6 Is it rude to wear red to an Indian wedding?
- 7 What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
- 8 What can I do instead of a reception?
- 9 Is it tacky to have a buffet at your wedding reception?
- 10 What is the best food to have at a wedding?
- 11 What food should be served at a wedding?
- 12 What should not be at a wedding?
- 13 Is alcohol served at Indian weddings?
- 14 Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
- 15 How many days does an Indian wedding last?
What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
To make things simple, here are a few do’s and don’ts for Indian wedding celebrations:
- Don’t bring boxed gifts.
- Do look the part.
- Don’t wear the same outfit to events.
- Do drink responsibly.
- Don’t dance inappropriately.
Is it OK to not serve food at a wedding?
But you have to serve something. While you don’t technically have to serve a formal, multicourse dinner, you absolutely do need to offer your guests a solid alternative.
What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
8 Foods NOT to Serve at Your Wedding
- All meat, all the time. If you’re a meat lover, it might be tempting to serve nothing but meat at your reception.
- Food that requires a big to-do.
- Raw food.
- Mini versions of everything.
- An eight-course meal.
- Overly complex dishes.
- Only exotic eats.
- Typical wedding foods.
What food is served at an Indian wedding?
The general rule of planning the catering for any Hindu wedding is sumptuous dishes. If you eat meat, definitely include chicken dishes like butter chicken. Paneer dishes like saag paneer and muttar paneer, along with kofta curries like aloo kofta, will make the rest of your North Indian spread extra decadent.
How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
The amount of the cash gift varies and is personal to each guest. Whereas you might think of nice round numbers like $50, $70, or $100, in Indian culture we never give a gift ending in 0. The amounts usually end with a “1” such as $51 or $101.
Is it rude to wear red to an Indian wedding?
” Guests should try to avoid wearing red, since the bride typically wears red,” explains Nilima Patel, owner of Crimson Bleu Events. “Guests can wear any other color except for black. It’s definitely not a color you should wear at an Indian wedding.”
What is the cheapest food to serve at a wedding?
Check out these Inexpensive Wedding Foods that you can serve as a plated meal at your wedding reception.
- Oatmeal: Wild Mushroom & Asparagus, Oatmeal, Oatmeal Crusted Chicken or Fish.
- Potatoes: Baked Potatoes, Potato Soup, Duchess Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes.
- Canned Tuna: Salad Nicoise.
- Bread: Rolls, Breadsticks.
What can I do instead of a reception?
Cheap wedding reception alternatives you should consider:
- Cocktail reception. Skip the expensive linens and complicated place settings.
- Wedding brunch or tea. For many, brunch is the most important meal of the day!
- Onsite food truck.
- Specialty stations.
- Serve Bar Snacks.
Is it tacky to have a buffet at your wedding reception?
People sometimes ask if a buffet dinner is tacky for a wedding reception. It’s not a question of tacky or not. It all depends on overall style and theme of your event. On the other hand, if you’re having an informal fun party at a nightclub, a cocktail reception might be your best option.
What is the best food to have at a wedding?
Whether you want to include classics like chicken or beef, or serve up something unique like vegan burgers, these wedding food ideas are sure to inspire. Wedding Finger Food Ideas
- Caprese Cups.
- Mini Tacos.
- Veggie Roll-ups.
- French Fries.
- Spring Rolls.
What food should be served at a wedding?
- Pulled pork sandwiches.
- Grilled chicken with sweet summer vegetables.
- Brisket with mashed potatoes.
- Lobster mac and cheese.
- Shrimp and grits.
What should not be at a wedding?
10 Things Not to Do at Your Wedding
- Get plastered.
- Skip meals or dehydrate.
- Wear killer heels.
- Miss the cocktail hour if you don’t want to.
- Host too much and party too little.
- Lose your husband.
- Have it out with a vendor in front of your guests.
- Complain about your in-laws.
Is alcohol served at Indian weddings?
Hindu weddings do not have alcohol during the ceremony. There may be alcohol present during the pre or post-ceremony parties. Alcohol is especially avoided when a wedding is held inside of a temple. History shows that most Hindu weddings avoided alcohol due to religion.
Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
Who pays for an Indian wedding? It’s mostly split between the couple and their parents, 50/50. Sometimes however, if one side is insisting on more guests or extra fanfare, then those costs are adjusted.
How many days does an Indian wedding last?
How long is an Indian wedding? A typical Indian wedding timeline stretches about three days. The Hindu wedding ceremony, which takes place on the third day, usually lasts between one-and-a-half to two hours and is then followed by the reception. The whole day clocks around 16 hours.