- 1 What red wine goes with curry chicken?
- 2 What wine goes with Indian curry?
- 3 What wine goes with coconut chicken?
- 4 Which red wine goes well with Indian food?
- 5 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 6 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 7 What drinks go with Indian food?
- 8 What drinks go with curry?
- 9 What red wine goes with lamb curry?
- 10 What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
- 11 What type of red wine goes with Thai food?
- 12 What drink goes with coconut shrimp?
- 13 What snack goes with red wine?
- 14 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 15 What do you eat red wine with?
What red wine goes with curry chicken?
Meat curries match well with a red such as a full-bodied Pinot Noir or more delicate Shiraz. Chicken, seafood, and vegetable curries, on the other hand, go quite nicely with the acidity and fruitiness of a Pinot Grigio or Gewürztraminer. Again, make sure to keep the sauce and spice level in mind.
What wine goes with Indian curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What wine goes with coconut chicken?
“With spicy coconut curries, I like to pair a lightly sweet Riesling,” says Jon Cross, sommelier/wine director at Hinoki & the Bird in Los Angeles. “The sweetness cuts through the spiciness of the dish, but it also has good acidity.”
Which red wine goes well with Indian food?
He says the number of wines that go well with Indian foods is small. Among reds, he looks to earthier, spicier wines, like syrah and cabernet franc, especially those that are not generously fruity or oaky.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What drinks go with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What drinks go with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What red wine goes with lamb curry?
If you wanted a red, you could go for a light Gamay from Burgundy, which would work well too. for a spicier lamb curry, I would recommend something with a bit more sugar content, like a sweet German Riesling, or perhaps a rich red from the Rhone Valley (think Vacqueyras, Corbieres, Chateauneuf du Pape).
What wine goes with Indian butter chicken?
If the dish is very creamy, go for a creamy (malolactic) Chardonnay. If the dish is spicy, go for something off-dry: Riesling Spätlese, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer. If you go for red, go for something fruity: Pinot Noir, Gamay, Garnacha, GSM blends, Valpolicella.
What type of red wine goes with Thai food?
Zweigelt. Sweet, sour, and spicy, with a thirst-quenching character, we highly recommend this light Austrian red wine for Thai eats. It’s hard to go wrong with wines like Riesling, Grüner Veltliner, Chenin Blanc, Sparkling Rosé and Pinot Noir…
What drink goes with coconut shrimp?
- Sauvignon Blanc.
- Pinot Gris.
- Unoaked Chardonnay.
- red wine.
What snack goes with red wine?
Wine Pairing Snacks – What Snacks Go With Wine?
- Animal Crackers and Riesling. Classic and brilliant.
- Popcorn and Chardonnay.
- Toaster Pastries and Fizzy Rosé
- Pistachios and Pinot Noir.
- Corn Chips and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Mini Cupcakes and Moscato.
- Fruit Snacks and Fizzy Sangria.
- PB&J Sandwich and Fizzy Crisp White.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What do you eat red wine with?
Try these takeout foods with red wine: burgers, buffalo wings, tacos or burritos, pizza, or barbecue. Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec are fantastic with cheeseburgers. Malbec and Zinfandel are great with tacos, burritos, and barbecue. Keep in mind that you will generally pair more robust wines with more robust dishes.