- 1 What Indian food can a diabetic eat?
- 2 What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
- 3 What Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
- 4 Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
- 5 Is chapati bad for diabetes?
- 6 Which Dal is good for diabetes?
- 7 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 8 Is idli OK for diabetes?
- 9 Is watermelon bad for a diabetic?
- 10 Which fruit is sugar free?
- 11 Can I eat rice in diabetes?
- 12 Is POHA good for diabetes?
- 13 What Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
What Indian food can a diabetic eat?
- Go for tandoori and tikka options as these are baked and lower in fat.
- Dhal is rich in fibre because of the lentils and pulses, but can still be quite oily.
- Choose boiled or steamed rice rather than pilau or fried rice.
- Choose chapatti rather than naan bread.
What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
Diabetics must avoid all kinds of processed, preserved, canned foods, soft drinks, cola’s, fruit juices, instant products, refined cereals products like maida, suji, biscuits, white bread. Simple sugars like sweets, sugar, glucose, artifical sweetners, High fructose corn syrup. Tubers like potato, tapioca.
What Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
Here are 5 Low Sugar And Low GI Fruits That You Can Include In Your Diabetes Diet
- Guava. Guava is very rich in dietary fibre that helps ease constipation (a common diabetic complaint) and can lower the chance of blood sugar spike.
- Peaches. A 100-gram serving of peaches contains 1.6 grams of fibre.
Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
Diabetes friendly lunch options
- Brown rice, diabetes rice, quinoa, broken millets.
- Kootu with water based vegetables.
- Porials with vegetables like carrot, beans, cabbage etc.
- Greens blended with dhal or plain.
- Sambhar with non tuber vegetables.
Is chapati bad for diabetes?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Which Dal is good for diabetes?
Bengal gram (Chana dal): With a glycaemic index as low as 8, the diabetic patients can go easy with Chana Dal as it contains a high amount of proteins along with folic acid which helps in the formation of new cells, especially red blood cells.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Is idli OK for diabetes?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
Is watermelon bad for a diabetic?
Watermelon is safe for people with diabetes to eat in small amounts. It is best to eat watermelon and other high-GI fruits alongside foods that contain plenty of healthful fats, fiber, and protein.
Which fruit is sugar free?
1. Lemons (and limes) High in vitamin C, lemons and their lime green counterparts are fairly sour fruits. They don’t contain much sugar (only a gram or two per lemon or lime ) and are the perfect addition to a glass of water to help curb your appetite.
Can I eat rice in diabetes?
Rice is rich in carbohydrates and can have a high GI score. If you have diabetes, you may think that you need to skip it at the dinner, but this isn’t always the case. You can still eat rice if you have diabetes. You should avoid eating it in large portions or too frequently, though.
Is POHA good for diabetes?
Foods rich with carbs: Carb-heavy foods including poha, upma, idli made with rice flour, maida parathas, puris etc. can be a bad choice. When making poha and upma, you must try to increase the quantity of vegetables and nuts in it to make it more nutritious and reduce the carbohydrates in it.
What Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
High fiber vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one’s diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should form a part of the diet.