- 1 What are some traditional Indian foods?
- 2 What are the non Indian foods?
- 3 Is Himalayan food the same as Indian food?
- 4 What is exotic Indian food?
- 5 What is the most famous Indian dish?
- 6 What is the best Indian food for dinner?
- 7 What is the main food of Terai region?
- 8 What kind of food is Himalayan food?
- 9 What is the main food in mountain region?
- 10 What weird foods do Indians eat?
- 11 What is the most exotic food?
- 12 What are exotic fruits?
What are some traditional Indian foods?
The Top 10 Best Indian Dishes And Recipes
- Chicken Makhani (Butter Chicken)
- Samosas (Deep-Fried Potato/Veggie Dumpling)
- Aloo Gobi (Potato and Cauliflower)
- Naan (Flatbread)
- Matar Paneer (Peas and Cooked Cottage Cheese)
- Rogan Josh (Curried Meat)
- Masala Chai.
What are the non Indian foods?
Non-Indian Dishes Recipes
- Angel Hair Pasta. Nice change from the traditional Indian food.
- Avocado Sandwich. A quick snack for health-conscious people.
- Pico de Gallo. Pico de Gallo is a Mexican side dish like Indian chutney, salad, or kutchumber.
- Spanish Rice. A change from usual Indian way of cooking rice. (
Is Himalayan food the same as Indian food?
Nepali food is NOT Indian food. Since it’s a major misunderstanding, I thought I’d clear this up right away. While I heart Indian food, I don’t like when Nepali food is lumped together with Indian/Pakistani/Bengali food. We definitely do share some similarities but each cuisine is unique in their own ways.
What is exotic Indian food?
Macher Paturi. This baked fish creation, usually made with rahu, carp, or hilsa fish, is considered a royal dish in Bengal. It’s made by marinating the fish in mustard paste and then steaming it in banana leaves. Those who enjoy a bit of spice with their fish will appreciate Macher Paturi.
What is the most famous Indian dish?
What the Most Popular Indian Dishes?
- Aloo gobi. Crisp golden potatoes and cauliflower.
- Butter chicken. Learn how to make the perfect Indian butter chicken with this recipe.
- Chana masala. Chickpea stew.
- Palak paneer.
- Chicken tikka masala.
- Doughy, butter-brushed naan.
- Crisp papadum.
- Fish curry.
What is the best Indian food for dinner?
Now, it’s time to cook some really good food. Here’s a roundup of 13 jaw-dropping Indian recipes that you can cook for your family:
- Dum Paneer Kali Mirch.
- Shahi Egg Curry.
- Malabari Prawn Curry.
- Makhmali Kofte.
- Dal Makhani.
- Mutton Do Pyaaza.
- Ajwaini Paneer Kofta Curry.
- Butter Chicken.
What is the main food of Terai region?
A typical terai set includes basmati rice with ghee, pigeon pea daal, tarkari (cooked variety of vegetable), tarua (battered raw vegetables known as taruwa/baruwa such as potato, brinjal/aubergine, chili, cauliflower etc. deep fried in the oil), papad/papadum, mango/lemon pickles and yogurt.
What kind of food is Himalayan food?
Essential Eating in the Himalayas
- Dal Bhat (Lentil Soup) Cooked lentil soup (Dal) served with steamed rice (Bhat).
- Momo (Dumplings)
- Hard Dried Yak Cheese (Himalayan Candy)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Wai Wai (Instant Noodles)
- Thukpa (Noodle Soup)
- Booze (Booze)
What is the main food in mountain region?
Therefore, himalayan cuisine is based solely on grain and meat. Although very few crops grows at lower altitude such as rice and apples, the most important crop in Himalayan region is barley. Flour milled from roasted barley, called tsampa is the main staple food of Tibet.
What weird foods do Indians eat?
10 Bizarre and Weird Food in India That People Eat
- Jadoh. This dish is popular with the Jaintia tribe of the North East, predominantly Meghalaya.
- Doh Khlieh. Another one from Meghalaya makes it to the list.
- Dog Meat. All you dog lovers can stay away from this one!
- Baby Shark Curry.
- Frog legs.
- Eri Polu.
- Phan Pyut.
What is the most exotic food?
14 Most Cultural and Exotic Food Around the World to Try While Traveling!
- 100-Year-Old Eggs – Hong Kong.
- Deep-Fried Tarantula – Thailand.
- Fried SilkWorm, Thailand.
- Balut, Duck Fetus, Philippines.
- Grilled Dog, Vietnam, Cambodia, China.
- Chicken Feet, Asia, South America, Africa.
- Hakarl – Rotten Shark, Iceland.
- Cat Meat, Vietnam.
What are exotic fruits?
Exotic fruits are that which are not native and that are cultivated outside, available at their place of origin. Some exotic fruits are tropical.