- 1 What kind of wine goes with Indian food?
- 2 What wine goes with Indian curry?
- 3 What drink goes well with Indian food?
- 4 What red wine goes with curry?
- 5 What should I eat with wine?
- 6 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 7 What is the best wine to drink with curry?
- 8 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 9 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 10 What red wine goes well with Indian food?
- 11 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 12 What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
- 13 What red wine goes with beef curry?
- 14 What red wine goes with spicy food?
- 15 Does red wine go with Thai food?
What kind of wine goes with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What wine goes with Indian curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What drink goes well with Indian food?
Six drinks you might not have thought of pairing with Indian food
- Beers that that are not lager.
- Aromatic wines such as riesling, pinot gris and gewürztraminer are generally considered the ideal wines to pair with Indian food but they’re not the only game in town.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- Red wine.
What red wine goes with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What should I eat with wine?
What to Eat With Wine: 11 Fantastic Options
- Sangiovese Pairs with Pizza and Other Tomato-Based Dishes.
- Pinot Grigio Pairs with Seafood Dishes.
- Rosé Pairs with Cheesy Dishes.
- Prosecco Pairs with Prosciutto and Melon.
- Malbec Pairs with Barbecue Dishes.
- Cabernet Sauvignon Pairs with Steak and Other Red Meats.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What is the best wine to drink with curry?
The top 10 wines to drink with a curry
- Sauvignon Blanc (Chile or New Zealand)
- Côtes de Gascogne whites.
- Rhône white wine blends.
- Rioja Crianza.
- Uruguayan Tannat.
- New World Chardonnay.
- Italian Negroamaro and Primitivo.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
What red wine goes well with Indian food?
Meat curries match well with a red such as a full-bodied Pinot Noir or more delicate Shiraz. Chicken, seafood, and vegetable curries, on the other hand, go quite nicely with the acidity and fruitiness of a Pinot Grigio or Gewürztraminer. Again, make sure to keep the sauce and spice level in mind.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
From Thekera Tenga Sorbot to Sol Kadhi, Lassi to the traditional Panakam try these 20 Traditional Non-alcoholic Indian Summer Coolers during the summer days.
- Aam Panna. Summer and mangoes are synonymous.
- Bela Panaa or Bael Panna.
- Coconut Juice.
- Ela Neer Payasam.
- Jal Jeera.
- Jamun Panna.
- Kokum Sherbet.
What red wine goes with beef curry?
“The rich, full-bodied flavours of curries like massaman beef cheek curry with pearl cous cous need a wine that can match its generosity.” Classic red choices include Shiraz blends and Cabernet blends, or go for a Tempranillo or Sangiovese.
What red wine goes with spicy food?
The full-bodied types of wines that go well with spicy food can range from range from Syrah/Shiraz, Douro Reds, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon. Some Zinfandels (typically a medium-bodied wine, but can be full depending on the particular brand) can also pair well.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.