- 1 What kind of wine goes with Indian food?
- 2 What wine goes with Indian curry?
- 3 What do you drink with East Indian food?
- 4 What red wine goes with curry?
- 5 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 6 What is the best wine to drink with curry?
- 7 What do you drink with Indian curry?
- 8 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 9 What kind of wine goes with chicken tikka masala?
- 10 What is the best Indian dessert?
- 11 What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
- 12 What red wine goes with beef curry?
- 13 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 14 What wine goes with coconut curry?
What kind of wine goes with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What wine goes with Indian curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What do you drink with East Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What red wine goes with curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What is the best wine to drink with curry?
The top 10 wines to drink with a curry
- Sauvignon Blanc (Chile or New Zealand)
- Côtes de Gascogne whites.
- Rhône white wine blends.
- Rioja Crianza.
- Uruguayan Tannat.
- New World Chardonnay.
- Italian Negroamaro and Primitivo.
What do you drink with Indian curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What kind of wine goes with chicken tikka masala?
Chicken tikka masala Some of the wines that match well with tikka dishes are Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, sweet Riesling, Syrah, Beaujolais, red and white Cotes du Rhone or Rhone-style wines.
What is the best Indian dessert?
India’s 15 Most Popular and Mouth-Watering Desserts
- Laddu. Laddu is the most popular festive treat in India.
- Kheer. There are a lot of different milk-based puddings in India and kheer is one of the most-loved among them.
- Gulab jamun.
- Gajar ka halwa.
- Kaju barfi.
What non alcoholic drink goes with Indian food?
From Thekera Tenga Sorbot to Sol Kadhi, Lassi to the traditional Panakam try these 20 Traditional Non-alcoholic Indian Summer Coolers during the summer days.
- Aam Panna. Summer and mangoes are synonymous.
- Bela Panaa or Bael Panna.
- Coconut Juice.
- Ela Neer Payasam.
- Jal Jeera.
- Jamun Panna.
- Kokum Sherbet.
What red wine goes with beef curry?
“The rich, full-bodied flavours of curries like massaman beef cheek curry with pearl cous cous need a wine that can match its generosity.” Classic red choices include Shiraz blends and Cabernet blends, or go for a Tempranillo or Sangiovese.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
What wine goes with coconut curry?
“With spicy coconut curries, I like to pair a lightly sweet Riesling,” says Jon Cross, sommelier/wine director at Hinoki & the Bird in Los Angeles. “The sweetness cuts through the spiciness of the dish, but it also has good acidity.”