- 1 What food combinations go with white wine?
- 2 What wine goes good with Indian food?
- 3 What white wine goes with Indian curry?
- 4 What wine goes with Indian curry?
- 5 What foods go well with wine?
- 6 What snacks pair well with wine?
- 7 What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
- 8 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
- 9 What do you drink with Indian curry?
- 10 Does Rose wine go with curry?
- 11 What red wine goes with coconut curry?
- 12 What wine goes with beef curry?
- 13 What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
- 14 What alcohol goes with curry?
What food combinations go with white wine?
White wines pair best with light-intensity meats (e.g. fish or chicken). Bitter wines (e.g. red wines) are best balanced with fat. It is better to match the wine with the sauce than with the meat. More often than not, White, Sparkling and Rosé wines create contrasting pairings.
What wine goes good with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What white wine goes with Indian curry?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What wine goes with Indian curry?
The best reds to serve with spicy curry are light fruity fresh reds with good natural acidity. Good examples are Loire Cabernet Franc or New Zealand Pinot Noir.
What foods go well with wine?
Keep reading for 11 delicious food and wine pairings.
- Sangiovese Pairs with Pizza and Other Tomato-Based Dishes.
- Pinot Grigio Pairs with Seafood Dishes.
- Rosé Pairs with Cheesy Dishes.
- Prosecco Pairs with Prosciutto and Melon.
- Malbec Pairs with Barbecue Dishes.
- Cabernet Sauvignon Pairs with Steak and Other Red Meats.
What snacks pair well with wine?
Wine Pairing Snacks – What Snacks Go With Wine?
- Animal Crackers and Riesling. Classic and brilliant.
- Popcorn and Chardonnay.
- Toaster Pastries and Fizzy Rosé
- Pistachios and Pinot Noir.
- Corn Chips and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Mini Cupcakes and Moscato.
- Fruit Snacks and Fizzy Sangria.
- PB&J Sandwich and Fizzy Crisp White.
What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What do you drink with Indian curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
Does Rose wine go with curry?
Crisp whites, rosés and light, fruity reds – in other words, the kind of wines you probably already have in your rack at this time of year – will all rub along well with your curry. If you’re ramping up the heat, you may need a touch more sweetness, but the main thing is that the wine should be refreshingly cold.
What red wine goes with coconut curry?
A dry Oregon pinot noir might work. A lively barbera from Alba or Asti would fit in, too. Best of all would be a fresh red from the Loire Valley, like a Chinon or Bourgueil, refreshing, stimulating and a beautiful color for contrast. What would you pair with this chicken curry dish?
What wine goes with beef curry?
“The rich, full-bodied flavours of curries like massaman beef cheek curry with pearl cous cous need a wine that can match its generosity.” Classic red choices include Shiraz blends and Cabernet blends, or go for a Tempranillo or Sangiovese.
What wine goes with vegetarian curry?
The top 10 wines to drink with a curry
- So why choose wine with a curry?
- These wines will all take your curry dinner to a different, enhanced level.
- Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc.
- Alsace Pinot Gris.
- Sauvignon Blanc (Chile or New Zealand)
- Côtes de Gascogne whites.
- Rhône white wine blends.
What alcohol goes with curry?
Here are some to try
- Best All-Rounder. You need: Fruity Rosé
- Best for: Aloo Gobi, Jalfrezi, Green Curries, Dhal. You need: Vinho Verde.
- Best for: Korma, Butter Chicken and mild, creamy curries. You need: Chardonnay.
- Best for: Madras, Tikka Masala and tomato-rich curries. You need: Soft, tangy, juicy reds.