- 1 How much food should I buy for an Indian party?
- 2 How do you calculate catering per person?
- 3 What you should never order at an Indian restaurant?
- 4 What do you serve at a indian dinner party?
- 5 What should I serve at an Indian dinner?
- 6 How do you calculate food for a party?
- 7 How do you calculate catering cost?
- 8 How big is a full tray?
- 9 What is a full tray?
- 10 How much does a half tray feed?
- 11 What is the healthiest Indian food to order?
- 12 What is the best Indian dish to order?
- 13 What should I order at an Indian restaurant for the first time?
How much food should I buy for an Indian party?
If you’re going all out and serving a main meal, then plan 6 ounces of fish, meat or poultry for one main dish and 8 ounces if you want to offer two or more. You’ll need 1.5 ounces of rice or grains per person when these food items are a side dish and 4 ounces of vegetables.
How do you calculate catering per person?
It’s pretty simple too: We just determine an appropriate size portion of any dish in ounces per person, the we multiply that times the number of guests and divide by 16 (# of oz in a pound) and just like that you get the number of pounds you’ll need.
What you should never order at an Indian restaurant?
5 Dishes You Should Avoid (and the 5 You Should Order) at Indian Restaurants
- Biryani. Struggling to cook healthy?
- Paneer or Malai. Paneer (fresh cheese) and malai (fresh cream) are made with full fat dairy.
- Butter Chicken.
- Buttered Naan.
- Too Many Dishes.
- Vegetable Dishes.
- Tandoori Dishes.
- Lentil and Chickpea Dishes.
What do you serve at a indian dinner party?
Tips to plan an Indian party menu
- 1-2 appetizers and a beverage.
- 1-2 dips and pickle.
- One curry with a gravy and one without a gravy (plus one meat dish if applicable)
- One lentil or bean dish.
- One rice dish.
- One raita or Dahi Vada.
- Some type of bread to eat with the curry.
- 1-2 desserts.
What should I serve at an Indian dinner?
- Dal Makhani.
- Chicken Tikka Masala, or Butter Chicken.
- Palak Paneer / Saag Paneer.
- Cumin Rice.
- Lamb Dum Biryani.
- Cucumber Raita and store-bought Mango Pickle.
- Homemade Garlic Naan.
How do you calculate food for a party?
The easiest rule is the “One Pound Rule.” Provide one pound of food for each adult guest (not including drinks or dessert). NON-BOOZY DRINKS: Calculate two drinks the first hour and then an additional drink for every hour after that.
How do you calculate catering cost?
Add together your food costs, labor, rentals, bar services, service fee and taxes to find the total price to quote your client. Draper’s Catering estimates the following per person rates: Hors d’oeuvres: $26 to $36. Buffet dinner: $26 to $37.
How big is a full tray?
Food Pan Sizes Full size food pans are the standard in the foodservice industry, measuring approximately 20 3/4″ x 12 3/4″. All other sizes of food pans are simply a variation on those dimensions. For example, a 1/2 size pan measures 12 3/4″ x 10 3/8″ and a 2/3 size pan measures 13 3/4″ x 12 3/4″.
What is a full tray?
Full size food pans are the standard in the foodservice industry, measuring approximately 20 3/4″ x 12 3/4″. For example, a 1/2 size pan measures 12 3/4″ x 10 3/8″ and a 2/3 size pan measures 13 3/4″ x 12 3/4″. Standard Food Pan Sizes A full pan measures roughly 12 inches x 20 inches.
How much does a half tray feed?
Half-trays normally feed approximately 25-30 people. Full-Trays normally feed approximately 40-45 people. Always consider the variety of different foods, sides, salads and the ages of your guests when ordering.
What is the healthiest Indian food to order?
- Try to avoid: any creamy curries, such as korma, passanda or masala with pilau rice, naan, bhajis, pakoras and poppadoms.
- Healthier options: tandoori-cooked meat or jalfrezi or madras with chicken, prawns or vegetables, plain rice and chapatti.
What is the best Indian dish to order?
15 Popular Indian Dishes To Order At a Restaurant
- Masala Chai.
- Butter Chicken.
- Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Saag Paneer.
- Rogan Josh.
- Aloo Gobi.
- Gajar Ka Halwa.
What should I order at an Indian restaurant for the first time?
If you’re going to an Indian restaurant for the first time, I recommend you order the following.
- Tandoori Chicken.
- Butter Chicken or ‘Murgh Makhani’
- Channa Masala or ‘Chole’
- Basmati Rice.
- Naan (Indian bread)