- 1 What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
- 2 What Indian foods are good for diabetics?
- 3 What foods can diabetics eat freely in India?
- 4 Is Indian food good for diabetes 2?
- 5 What is a good breakfast lunch and dinner for a diabetic?
- 6 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 7 Is chapati good for diabetic?
- 8 Is idli bad for diabetics?
- 9 How can I control diabetes immediately?
- 10 Is rice good for diabetes?
- 11 Is Egg good for diabetes?
- 12 Which rice is good for diabetes?
- 13 What is the best breakfast for diabetic patient?
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
Dinner: 1-2 chapatis (50% jowar) with vegetable and salad along with 1 bowl of fish or dal. Breakfast: Idli, poha or upma with vegetables along with a cup of tea or coffee or low-fat milk. Mid-morning snack: Fruits (low-glycemic fruits). Lunch: 1-2 chapatis (50% ragi) with vegetable salad and low-fat paneer/curd.
What Indian foods are good for diabetics?
Best Foods for Elderly Diabetes Patients in India
- Brown Rice. If you really love rice, try having brown rice instead of white and reap its many health benefits.
- Whole Grains.
- High Fibre Vegetables.
- Pulses and Legumes.
- Lean Meat.
- Fresh Fruits.
What foods can diabetics eat freely in India?
Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fiber foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable /sprouts. Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels.
Is Indian food good for diabetes 2?
In short, low GI foods are healthier for people with diabetes as they cause a lower and slower rise in the blood sugar levels. The Indian diet is incomplete without white rice, but, white rice has a high GI, which makes it unhealthy for people with diabetes.
What is a good breakfast lunch and dinner for a diabetic?
With portion size in mind, a person with diabetes can include:
- canned tuna, salmon or sardines.
- low-salt deli meats, such as turkey and chicken.
- hard-boiled eggs.
- salads with a side dressing.
- low-salt soups and chili.
- whole fruit, such as apples and berries.
- cottage cheese.
- plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Is chapati good for diabetic?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Is idli bad for diabetics?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
How can I control diabetes immediately?
This article looks at 12 simple things you can do to prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Go low-carb. Carbohydrates (carbs) are what cause blood sugar to rise.
- Eat fewer refined carbs.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Exercise more.
- Eat more fiber.
- Drink more water.
- Introduce some vinegar into your diet.
Is rice good for diabetes?
Rice is rich in carbohydrates and can have a high GI score. If you have diabetes, you may think that you need to skip it at the dinner, but this isn’t always the case. You can still eat rice if you have diabetes. You should avoid eating it in large portions or too frequently, though.
Is Egg good for diabetes?
Eggs are a versatile food and a great source of protein. The American Diabetes Association considers eggs an excellent choice for people with diabetes. That’s primarily because one large egg contains about half a gram of carbohydrates, so it’s thought that they aren’t going to raise your blood sugar.
Which rice is good for diabetes?
They recommend replacing white rice and other refined grains with brown rice to try to prevent type 2 diabetes. Brown rice, the researchers say, often does not generate as fast an increase in blood sugar levels after a meal.
What is the best breakfast for diabetic patient?
10 Best Breakfast Foods for People with Diabetes
- Eggs. Eggs are delicious, versatile, and a great breakfast choice for people with diabetes.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Overnight chia seed pudding.
- Multigrain avocado toast.
- Low carb smoothies.
- Wheat bran cereal.
- Cottage cheese, fruit, and nut bowl.