- 1 What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
- 2 Is Indian food OK for diabetics?
- 3 Which Dal is not good for diabetes?
- 4 Is chapati good for diabetes?
- 5 Is idli OK for diabetes?
- 6 What is the miracle fruit that cures diabetes?
- 7 Which vegetable is bad for diabetes?
- 8 Is rice bad for diabetics?
- 9 Which Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
- 10 What Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
- 11 Is curd good for diabetes?
- 12 Is banana good for diabetes?
What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
Foods which are red flags and should be avoided by diabetic patients:
- Sugar or sugar-mixed variants: Refined sugar. Aerated, carbonated drinks loaded with sugar. Sweetened high-fat yoghurt.
- High calorific content: Deeply fried foods. White bread and White rice. Refined flour (Maida)
- Contains excessive preservatives:
Is Indian food OK for diabetics?
They are rich in protein and fibre with low simple sugar content, making it suitable for diabetic patients. While including whole grains in the diet plan, make sure that it forms a small part of your meal and the rest comprises vegetables, fruits, curd, etc. as discussed in the diet plan above.
Which Dal is not good for diabetes?
Green gram dal or moong dal too causes a slow release of carbohydrates which prevents high blood sugar levels and insulin spike. Moong dal also helps to maintain weight and is known to be beneficial during pregnancy in the development of the fetus.
Is chapati good for diabetes?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Is idli OK for diabetes?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
What is the miracle fruit that cures diabetes?
Jamun is the miracle fruit for people with type-2 diabetes.
Which vegetable is bad for diabetes?
Potatoes are America’s favorite vegetable; unfortunately, they also are a high glycemic food best left off the plate for people with diabetes. Research shows that frying potatoes (like french fries) even increases the starch! Just one small potato has 30 grams of carbs and almost 4 grams of fiber.
Is rice bad for diabetics?
Rice is rich in carbohydrates and can have a high GI score. If you have diabetes, you may think that you need to skip it at the dinner, but this isn’t always the case. You can still eat rice if you have diabetes. You should avoid eating it in large portions or too frequently, though.
Which Indian fruits are good for diabetics?
Here are 5 Low Sugar And Low GI Fruits That You Can Include In Your Diabetes Diet
- Guava. Guava is very rich in dietary fibre that helps ease constipation (a common diabetic complaint) and can lower the chance of blood sugar spike.
- Peaches. A 100-gram serving of peaches contains 1.6 grams of fibre.
What Indian vegetables are good for diabetes?
High fiber vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one’s diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should form a part of the diet.
Is curd good for diabetes?
Unsweetened plain or Greek yogurt could be a great way for people with diabetes to get a good dose of protein, calcium, and probiotics. Check for diabetes from the privacy of your own home.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.